Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taobao Picks: Gothic

Every once in a while I will make a post with my Taobao picks, it highlights beautiful new items, older releases that deserve some love, or maybe my favorite: themes!

Today I picked out Gothic as the theme - bat inspired items are underrated!

Satin is usually a huge no-no in Lolita, however this gorgeous Mille Fleurs replica makes it work.
The bows are detachable and the dress comes in blue and red!

Maybe a bit too lacy for most people, and I'm not sure if the quality of the lace is that great, 
but it's great in combination with the satin JSK.

If the previous blouse is a bit too impressive for you, this blouse by Dollscrops might be a good alternative! 


It might be weird putting this dress on the list, because you can see a picture of me wearing it on Surface Spell's front page, but it definitely deserves some love!
This Antique Beast replica has many beautiful details that don't show up on their pictures and makes for a great summery gothic JSK!

This beautiful, I believe MoitiƩ replica, can be ordered in different colors, and it's a great touch to any elegant gothic coordination.

I love the big buckles, the rows of buttons and the bat inspired end of the skirt.
Definitely very gothic!

I personally love wearing chiffon blouses, they're light to wear and very easy to move in.
This sleek and elegant blouse is great for wearing with a JSK, and because of it's rather simple design it would also look great in classic outfits.

Even though bloomers often go unseen, I see no reason why you shouldn't goth them up too!



You can't get more gothic than this, a bat inspired cape to go with the bat bloomers,
things might get too pointy if you pair it with the R-Series skirt though, so don't get too batty! 



I hope you enjoyed the gothic picks, and if you have found some interesting or beautiful gothic pieces on Taobao, feel free to share them in the comments!



4 comments:

  1. omg i want the second blouse o.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been staring at that satin HMHM jsk for awhile, I'm just uncertain how the quality would be in person. I've gotten some great things from Taobao and some not so great things, so I'm always wary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail.htm?item_num_id=8327419309

    Just saw this set on Rose Melody and thought you might be interested. The black with blue embroidery is very MMM.

    http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail.htm?item_num_id=8331407499

    They also have this set which has an option for black.

    http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail.htm?item_num_id=8331755989

    And this blouse is quite gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lessie: I'm sure you can pull it off!

    Valerbees:
    I've only heard good things about HMHM so far, but yeah you can never be too sure!

    I do love the design of the new Rose Melody releases, but my personal experience with them has been really really bad, the only thing that was OK that I got from them was a petticoat and they even messed up that!

    ReplyDelete